- How many days it will take for porting?
- Is MNP possible before 90 days?
- How many days will it take to port from Airtel to Jio?
- Why does porting take so long?
- How can I check my porting status?
- What happens when porting is rejected?
- Why is porting messages not going?
- What happens to old SIM after porting?
- How porting a number works?
How many days it will take for porting?
As of now, subscribers have to wait for 4 days to get their numbers ported from one service provider to another.
The telecom regulator has called for making the process quicker by cutting down the processing time of porting requests within a circle down to two days..
Is MNP possible before 90 days?
No you can not port number before 90 days. Acording to TRAI guideline 90 days use is mandatory in new operator. In some condition upc (unique porting code) generate without completing 90 days and many people apply for porting because they have upc but the request is cancelled by the current operator.
How many days will it take to port from Airtel to Jio?
– As per government regulations; if you are porting-in within same telecom circle, the number will be activated within 3 working days after successful validation. For porting-in to other telecom circle, it will take upto 5 working days. Your services will not be interrupted in the intervening period.
Why does porting take so long?
Carriers don’t want to port your numbers. It’s that simple. The longer a carrier or SIP trunk provider drags its feet giving up those numbers, the longer the company can keep charging you. So, given the opportunity, the losing carrier will nitpick, fuss and draw the process out as long as they can.
How can I check my porting status?
Browse the iStaunch(.com) & search for the MNP Status in the search bar. After you find the MNP Status page on iStaunch, enter your mobile number and UPC code and tap on the submit option. That’s it, in the next screen you will see the current status of the mobile number portability.
What happens when porting is rejected?
This typically means that either you have an unpaid balance or the carrier charges a port away fee. To resolve this rejection you must pay any outstanding balance/fee to your current carrier. Once this is resolved, send us an email and we will resubmit the port request.
Why is porting messages not going?
if it’s prepaid, check it’s main balance as zero balance will not sent port message. … Now a days smartphones have so many messaging app taking over base messaging app, so they create issue in porting message. just put your sim in basic phone then send sms.
What happens to old SIM after porting?
After porting to any new network the old sim card is blocked for the connection with any of the network so that no two networks can use the same chip for communication. … Once you apply for the porting, you always get a new sim card number which needs to be registered with your name.
How porting a number works?
Porting a number to another carrier Moves the number from the carrier currently providing service to the carrier that will be providing service. Changes the switch where the number resides and the carrier providing service to the end user.